Outstanding LPN Schools in Topeka, KS
Licensed Practical Nurses, or LPNs, in Topeka enjoy many great benefits including an abundance of employment opportunities, terrific starting wages, job security, and flexible work schedules. For people who want to attend LPN training in Topeka, there are several outstanding schools nearby. As the list of these schools is a bit extensive, we chose six of the best ones to described below.
- Washburn Institute of Technology - First on our list of LPN schools in the Topeka area is Washburn Institute of Technology (WIT), which is located on Southeast Forbes Avenue in Topeka. WIT has been in operation since 1964, when it was called Northeast Kansas Vocational Technical School. In its early years, WIT was known primarily for its top-rated automotive programs. However, the school offers a broad range of programs today. Its LPN program is fully approved to prepare students for the NCLEX-PN licensing exam.
- Kansas City Kansas Community College - Just a short drive from Topeka on State Avenue in Kansas City, you will discover Kansas City Kansas Community College (KCKCC). Originally called Kansas City Kansas Junior College, this institution was established in 1923. KCKCC offers more than 100 certificate and associate degree programs for career-bound students. Its LPN program consists of 48 credit hours of intensive instruction designed to provide students with the skills needed for careers as LPNs.
- Johnson County Community College - Another exceptional LPN school in the Topeka area is Johnson County Community College (JCCC). This facility is situated on College Boulevard in Overland Park, Kansas. JCCC was founded in 1969, and today it serves nearly 20,000 students every year. Full-time students can complete JCCC's LPN program within only 10 months. The school also provides LPN coursework during evenings and on weekends for students who need a more flexible study schedule.
- Northland Career Center - Northland Career Center (NCC) is yet another LPN school you may want to choose for your practical nurse training near Topeka. This school was established in 1980, and you can find it on Branch Street in Platte City, Missouri, just a short drive from Topeka. NCC's LPN program consists of over 1,300 clock hours of theoretical and clinical instruction. To gain entry into NCC's LPN program, you will need to receive a passing score on the school's TEAS nursing school entrance exam.
- Donnelly College - Established in 1949, Donnelly College (DC) is a private four-year institution that can be found on North 18th Street in nearby Kansas City, Missouri. This is a small college that provides career training in a variety of fields including nursing. Its practical nursing program can be finished in 14 to 16 months and provides daytime, evening, and weekend training options.
- Metropolitan Community College - Established in 1915, Metropolitan Community College (MCC) is one of the oldest colleges in Kansas City. This school operates five campuses, which you can find in Kansas City, Lee's Summit, and Independence. The Kansas City campus offers an excellent LPN program that can be completed in about 15 months. Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for the national licensing exam for LPNs.