Outstanding LPN Schools in Harrisburg, PA
If you wish to become a Licensed Practical Nurse, or LPN, in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, you can choose any one of the many outstanding training facilities such as those described briefly below.
- Brightwood Career Institute - Brightwood Career Institute (BCI) maintains five campuses in the Harrisburg area. Its Pittsburg campus, which is located on Penn Avenue, offers a terrific program for students seeking careers as LPNs. Graduates of this program receive diplomas in practical nursing. Established in 1918 as Beckley College, its name was changed to Thompson College in 1934 and Kaplan Career Institute in 2006. The school obtained its current name in 2015.
- Harrisburg Area Community College - If you live in Harrisburg and want to attend nursing school close to home, you may want to consider attending Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC). This outstanding facility was founded in 1964 and is conveniently located on HACC Drive in Harrisburg. Currently, HACC offers a broad range of career programs to more than 20,000 students every year. Among its many program offerings, you will find a top-quality LPN certificate program.
- Lebanon County Area Vocational Technical School - Another excellent LPN school near Harrisburg is Lebanon County Area Vocational Technical School (LCCTC), which is situated on Metro Drive in nearby Lebanon. Also known as Lebanon County Career and Technology Center, LCCTC opened its doors in 1964, when the school offered only a handful of courses to high school students of the area. Today, the facility offers a broad range of training programs including one of the best LPN programs in the Harrisburg area.
- Mifflin-Juniata Career and Technology Center - Established in 1968, Mifflin-Juniata Career and Technology Center (MJCTC) is a unique training facility that provides career training to local high school students. The average enrollment of MJCTC is about 500 students per year. This school currently offers 12 career programs ranging from auto mechanics and metalworking to cosmetology and nursing. Students can complete MJCTC's LPN program in around one year depending on their attendance status.
- Franklin County Career and Technology Center - Franklin County Career and Technology Center (FCCTC) is located on Loop Road in Chambersburg just a short drive from Harrisburg. This school was established in 1969, when it offered 14 career programs to local high school students. As demand grew, FCCTC expanded its program offerings, adding nine more programs. The facility's practical nursing course is a one-year program.
- Schuylkill Technology Center - Finally, situated on Technology Drive in Frackville, you will discover another excellent LPN school: Schuylkill Technology Center (STC). This is a small school that typically serves around 200 students each year. However, despite its small size, STC provides a large variety of training programs in a broad range of fields. The school's practical nursing program can be completed in one year by students who attend school full-time.